ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR – TEMPORARY FULL-TIME
A busy union office, currently employing five administrative staff and six staff representatives reporting to two full-time federation officers, is seeking a temporary full-time Administrative Coordinator to fill a one-year leave of absence.
- Provides administrative support to Executive Officers, including familiarity with communications and public relations, event organizing, and board and committee procedures.
- Provides administrative support in the areas of labour relations, including preparation of legal documents for grievances and arbitrations.
- Other administrative tasks including making travel arrangements, supporting FPSE campaigns, paper and electronic filing, editing, proof-reading, arranging meetings and events, word processing of correspondence, notices, reports, manuals, etc.
- Administrative support to standing and ad-hoc committees, general meetings, seminars and conferences, including organizing meetings, maintaining committee lists and communications with committee members.
- Creating, updating and maintaining electronic communications such as website and list serves.
- Ordering supplies, maintaining equipment, and other general office tasks.
- This Position Requires:
- Demonstrated experience supporting communications and public relations staff.
- Demonstrated experience in event organizing.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, and/or Laserfiche would be an asset.
- Familiarity with current post-secondary education and labour/union issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines.
- Grade 12, plus 3-5 years of related experience as administrative coordinator or communications coordinator /assistant, or equivalent position, preferably in an educational or trade union setting; preferably a post-secondary degree or diploma, or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
Competitive wages commensurate with experience and qualifications, and a very generous benefit package,
working 65 hrs every two weeks (a 9-day fortnight).
Terri Van Steinburg, Secretary-Treasurer, Federation of Post-Secondary Educators 400- 550 W. 6th Ave.
Fax: 604 873-8865 Vancouver, BC V5Z 1A1 E-mail: email@example.com
FPSE is an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants offered an interview will be contacted, but an eligibility list will be created in case future work arises.