ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR - PERMANENT FULL-TIME
A busy union office, currently employing five administrative staff and six staff representatives reporting to two full-time federation officers, is seeking a permanent full-time Administrative Coordinator.
- Provides administrative support in the areas of labour relations, including preparation of legal documents for grievances and arbitrations.
- Provides administrative support to Executive Officers, including familiarity with event organizing and board and committee procedures.
- Other administrative tasks including making travel arrangements, supporting FPSE campaigns, paper and electronic filing, editing, proof-reading, arranging meetings and events, word processing of correspondence, notices, reports, manuals, etc.
- Administrative support to standing and ad-hoc committees, general meetings, seminars and conferences, including organizing meetings, maintaining committee lists and communications with committee members.
- Creating, updating and maintaining electronic communications such as website and list serves.
- Ordering supplies, maintaining equipment, and other general office tasks.
This position requires:
- Demonstrated experience in support for labour relations staff.
- Demonstrated experience in event organizing.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of MS Office; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, and/or Laserfiche would be an asset.
- Familiarity with current post-secondary education and labour/union issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines.
- Grade 12, plus three to five years of related experience as administrative coordinator or communications coordinator/assistant or equivalent, preferably in an educational or trade union setting; preferably a post-secondary degree or diploma, or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
Salary: Competitive wages commensurate with experience and qualifications, and a very generous benefit package, working 65 hours every two weeks (a 9-day fortnight).
Closing date: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 4:00PM
Interviews: will be scheduled for the week of July 17-21
Start date: TBD
Send application to:
Terri Van Steinburg, Secretary-Treasurer
Federation of Post-Secondary Educators
400- 550 W. 6th Ave.
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1A1
Fax: 604 873-8865
FPSE is an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants offered an interview will be contacted, but an eligibility list will be created in case future work arises.